Tips to Improve Workplace Safety with RTLS
A Real-Time Location System, also referred to as RTLS, is a technology that determines the current location of a specific person or object, by tracking a small, battery-powered tag on the object. Once the object has been identified, through our location engine software technology, we can then monitor and track the location of each tag and provide metrics and analytics that improve productivity, operational management, safety and security for a variety of industries.
Here are five examples of how many of these facilities are using RTLS to improve workplace safety:
- Collision Avoidance: Automate customizable rules that trigger real-time alerts and notifications to prevent accidents. For example, we can signal a forklift driver of a pedestrian in his or her path and within a certain distance.
- Account for Personnel: In the event of an emergency situation or natural disaster, account for all personnel in real-time to ensure safety of staff and assist emergency personnel.
- Monitor Confined Spaces: Monitor personnel and receive real-time, fully automated visual notifications of activity in dangerous or confined spaces, such as walk-in ovens, machine shops, robotic production areas or loading docks.
- Identifying potentially injured personnel: Create customized rules and triggers to identify potentially injured personnel in real-time to provide emergency care immediately. For example, if we see that one employee stops abruptly and is immobile for a given amount of time, we can trigger someone to check on the employee for possible injury.
- Automated Access Control: Regulate personnel access for specific areas, equipment or zones with highly-configurable geo-fenced zone rules to enable complex access control management. Receive automated notifications if unauthorized personnel are in defined areas.
Automating processes and analyzing the interaction and behavior of people, vehicles, and assets can improve your workplace safety. Ready to see how RTLS can improve the safety and security in your facility? Contact us to learn more about our solutions.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /homepages/27/d587612122/htdocs/app587616387/wp-content/themes/jevelin/single.php on line 158